It’s time for Worthy of the Week! A collection of some of my favorite stories, recipes, fashions, and random links from around the web this week. Read something fabulous lately? Share your favorite links in the comments!
Worthy of the Week
- The rise and fall of AIM. Remember away messages? A/S/L? Logging on and off to get the attention of one of your friends?
- Friday Jams: The definitive ranking of Madonna singles.
- 21 social media tips. Some of these are goooooood.
- New Veruca Salt! 15 years later and I still want to be Louise Post.
- 100 Good Deeds. Started by one of my authors and HIV activist, Mary Fisher. The bracelet is both a call to do good deeds and a strategy to empower women.
- If you’re not into long reads, here are some incredible novels under 200 pages.
- Toasted marshmallow swirl ice cream. Marshmallow flavored stuff is my favorite.
- John Mayer covers Beyonce and it’s lovely.
- This seem like a bad idea. A very bad idea.
- I spotted the limited edition Method summer scents at Target this week, and the Method vanilla crème tastes like ice cream smells. It’s divine.
- Chelsea Clinton is pregnant! Which means our next president is going to be a grandma.
- A visual guide to portion control. Shit.
- KIND sent me a sampling of their healthy snacks and I’m in love with their philosophy and their blueberry vanilla cashew and the maple pumpkin seed bars. All-natural, non-GMO, gluten-free, and each month they support a new cause with $10,000. Definitely a snack worth supporting.
- In case you missed it…
Book of the Week
I just finished three really great middle-grade books — Flora and Ulysses, Doll Bones, and The Thing About Luck — that almost make me wish I had kids to read them to. They’re all super clever, with great characters, and messages that will resonate with adults as well as kids.
Have you read any of them? Your thoughts?