Pssst…this post contains affiliate links.
Worthy of the Week
- The Lives They Loved. There are some really lovely stories in there.
- Seinfeld and Obama just chillin’.
- I’m kind of into this ridiculous J.Crew shirt.
- The most popular Trader Joe’s products of 2015.
- These Old Navy flats are so amazing that I ordered two (okay, three) backup pairs.
- Why asking good questions makes you seem smarter.
- Pictures of the Gilmore Girls set have started to leak! I’m not even going to try to contain my excitement.
- How did a company selling rubber tires become the world’s authority on restaurants? I feel like I’ve shared this before, but it’s an interesting read in case you missed it the first time.
- Have you binge watched Making a Murderer?!
- In case you missed it…
Book of the Week
I received the following books from the publishers via NetGalley.
The best part of vacation is all the beach-side reading (especially knowing you’re not going to have much time for reading in the new year…more on that in a later post). You’ll recognize some of these titles from my winter reading list.
My Name is Lucy Barton I loved this book until the last 30 pages. The writing is stark and beautiful, the implications of the characters actions subtly implied, but the mention of 9/11 jarred me because it anchored the story in a time that I wasn’t picturing.
The Bette Davis Club was a quick, fun read that would make a great romcom.
Stars Over Sunset Boulevard was a delightful read about two women who met during the filming of Gone With The Wind (which I never consider myself a big fan of, but I guess I am) and how their friendship complicates their lives.
I wanted to love Whistling Women but I just liked it. The story meanders, there are backstories for characters that don’t matter, and the author piles on trope after trope. That said, there’s something about the core story that kept me reading for over 400 pages. A good editor and 100 less pages and I would have loved it.
What are you reading?