Pssst…this post contains affiliate links.
Worthy of the Week
- Stop it. Parents are naming their kids after Instagram filters.
- Are you listening to the new season of Serial?
- I love Project for Awesome.
- Simmer pots. Something I didn’t even realize I should be doing.
- This recipe for bucantini and meatballs is everything I shouldn’t be eating (YAY autoimmune diseases!) so of course I want to stick my head in the pan.
- Choosing to be grateful will make you happier.
- Cute compression socks. Because I’m 80.
- Is Bitches Gotta Eat anyone else’s favorite?
- Ending your texts with punctuation makes you a jerk. Or just someone with an English degree. Which might be the same thing.
- Oh, grandma. My Nana once called me a hippo. I think I was probably a size 8 at the time.
- The 2016 Pantone colors of the year, the first time they’ve ever revealed two colors, is a gender reveal nightmare, no?
- Why Instagram captions are the new blogging. Also one of the reasons I have a serious case of social media fatigue.
- What happens when people are told they are beautiful. I may have teared up.
- If you’re entertaining for the holidays, these rosemary wreath place cards are ah-dorable.
- In case you missed it…
- Need gift ideas? I’ve got them.
- I put together this list of holiday movies a few years back and they still stand as my favorites.
- Easy as 1-2-3 ingredient holiday Appetizers! Drooling over the endive and horseradish cream with salmon.
- The best foodie subscription boxes to give for the holidays.
- Unconventional holiday main courses that aren’t turkey or ham. You can thank my mom for these ideas over the years.
- It’s a chili showdown. I think people are going to have some strong feelings about this one.
Book of the Week
This is Your Life, Harriet Chance was wonderful. Thoughtful and well structured — the unconventional timeline added interest and weight to the story.
What are you reading?