A few weeks ago I gave a talk to a bunch of fourth graders about publishing. (Tough crowd, let me tell you.) Earlier this week I received an envelope full of germ-covered thank-you notes. “Thank you for your time and effort.” I mean, how adorable is that?
Worthy of the Week
- 20 tips for Amazon shoppers. That reminds me, I need to order dog food and bobby pins.
- 40 authors on how to be happy. While I generally loathe this whole happiness trend, there’s some good ones mixed in.
- I can’t stop with this puppy.
- Cow art. It’s exactly what it sounds like.
- Kale, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts are all the same plant. Whaaaat?!
- I am this kitten.
- Saved By The Bell is back! Kinda.
- Just spooning my boyfriend.
- RIP Lip Smackers. If you made out with me between 1998 and 2003 you are familiar with my love of strawberry kiwi sparkle.
- Harper Beckham is judgmental and rude, and I love her.
- Sharing a bedroom with one sister growing up was enough for me, but look how cool this four girl room is.
- Sigh. I miss 90s GAP.
- 11 beginner yoga poses everyone pretends to know (but may be doing wrong).
- The difference between Lena Dunham and Aziz Ansari’s million-dollar book deals. Yup. Even though I thought Lena’s book was a hot mess.
- I can’t stop thinking about these boots.
Book of the Week
Finally got around to reading The Girl On The Train this week and it was good, but not great. The main character makes lots of horror movie-esque bad decisions akin to running up a flight of stairs when someone is chasing her.
What are you reading this weekend?