What to wear to Barre
I (very) recently started taking Pure Barre classes. It’s a mix of ballet, Pilates, and cardio and it is intense. I’ve never moved so little and sweat so much in my life. But after just a few weeks I’m getting better and seeing results.
The women can be a little judgy (but I would like to know where and how they acquired their sugar daddies) so it’s a bit intimidating, but at $22 a class, they can deal with my ass in spandex. While they’re in their sports bras and Lululemon, I struggle to find workout clothes. So, what does a plus-size girl wear to barre class? The basics.
1. Grippy socks $28 for 3 (Don’t buy the ones from Pure — these are much thicker and comfier.)
2. Old Navy Vintage Tees $7.50 (I prefer the tall version so they cover my butt.)
3. Panache Ultimate Control Sports Bra $68 (Best sports bra ever. Don’t know how I ever played sports or worked out without it.)
4. Twistbands 3-pack $5 (These don’t pinch or jab when you’re doing floor exercises.)
5. Old Navy Compression Leggings $27 (High rise to keep the muffin top under control.)