National Swimsuit Confidence Week
I’ve been the girl wearing a t-shirt in the pool. I’ve been the girl at the pool party that “forgot” her swimsuit. I’ve been the girl in a coverup on the beach (and not because of an itsy bitsy teeny weenie yellow polka dot bikini).
Shopping for a swimsuit? Almost unbearable. I’m perpetually looking for a swimsuit that meets my strict criteria (and I never ever try swimsuits on in store – those lights and mirrors can reduce damn near anyone to tears):
- Thick straps – but no halter tops. I’d like to be able to stand up straight.
- Molded cups – but no underwire. Uniboob is not pretty on anyone.
- Tankinis preferred – but they must to be tunic length. Ruching is good.
- Qualify fabric – to suck me in and push me up. While still allowing me to breath.
- Patterns and color are a must – no old lady/fat girl boring-ness.
- That certain something that makes me feel comfortable and confident and not running for a coverup.
It wasn’t until I discovered Lands’ End that I found a swimsuit that met all of my criteria. Every spring, I snatch up as many of their tunic tankinis as I can because I know they sell out quick (proving that most women aren’t twigs – though those women probably have swimsuit struggles of their own) and I know I won’t feel like myself in anything else.
So, I applaud Lands’ End and SELF Magazine for celebrating women of all shapes and sizes during National Swimsuit Confidence Week. Thank you. And please don’t ever stop making this tankini.
If Twitter parties are your thing, look for the #confidence hashtag every day this week from 12-1 pm CDST for a chance to win Lands’ End gift cards and show your swimsuit confidence.
The lovely people at Lands’ End asked me to participate in National Swimsuit Confidence Week. I’m wearing one of the many Lands’ End swimsuits that I purchased.