We partnered with Target to bring you this slice of holiday cuteness as part of their #GiftCardCheer campaign.
The holidays are upon us! How are you doing with your shopping?
If you’re shopping for me (hey, the holidays are all about wishful thinking!) the bad news is that I’m probably what most would consider a hard person to shop for. I’m terrible at putting together a list or giving givers any guidance because I’m an impulse shopper and buy what I want when I want it, leaving little to be desired.
The good news is that a Target GiftCard® is the perfect gift for someone like me, full of possibility and potential, ready to be used whenever the impulse strikes!
But I’m guessing you feel a little meh about giving a gift card, right? Target did a little research, and found that 90% of people love receiving a gift card as a gift, but only 30% of people feel good about giving one.
Gift giving has to feel good for everyone involved, and making a gift card feel special through presentation will make you feel better about giving them and is icing on the cake for whoever you’re giving them to.
One of my favorite ways to give a gift card around the holidays is to create a snow globe and I’m going to show you how to make a snow globe! It’s simple, sparkly, and festive and I picked up all the supplies at my neighborhood Target.
- Glass jar with secure lid
- Target GiftCard®
- Super glue
- Super glue tchotchkes to the lid of the jar. I used a little pine tree, but you could use any little toy or figurine that you want to appear standing at the bottom of your snow globe.
- Fill jar with tap water and teaspoon of glycerine, which helps breaks the surface tension so that the glitter falls like snow. You can also use a few drops of low suds-ing dish soap.
- Add glitter. The more the merrier IMHO.
- Add Target GiftCard®.
- Secure lid.
- Tie a bow around the base, invert jar, and gift to someone special!
With a pre-purchased Target GiftCard® and a little creativity, gift cards can be the perfect gift for the giver and receiver.
Are you giving gift cards this holiday season? What’s your favorite creative presentation?
Compensation was provided by Target via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.