I had grand plans of preparing Magic Bars (super secret Eagle Brand family recipe below) from scratch with crushed Pepperidge Farm Vanilla Goldfish Grahams as the crust instead of graham cracker crumbs.
Unfortunately, those plans never came to fruition because someone got to the bag of Vanilla Goldfish Grahams before I even put on my apron.
I’m not sure Pepperidge Farms can get a better review than a nearly empty, crumpled bag of Vanilla Goldfish Grahams on my counter.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips (Butterscotch or toffee chips are also highly recommended. Not in place of chocolate chips. Never in place of. In addition to.)
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13×9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts. Press down firmly to pack.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.
I received a bag of Pepperidge Farm Vanilla Goldfish Grahams in order to craft my review. Please see my site policy with any questions.