If you know me, you know that there are several universal truths to my being.
- I love embellishments. Crystals, sequin, tassels, bells, whistles. Sew it, glue it, or staple it on.
- In theory, I love DIY. In practice, I’d rather just buy it.
- I can do anything when I apply myself. Especially when I don’t want to pay $200 for something even I can DIY.
And that is, essentially, how the DIY pom pom beach bag came to be. A pom pom coverup started the obsession and several ridiculously cute, and equally ridiculously priced, pom pom beach bag fueled it.
Between a trip to Target (which, duh, I was there anyway) and a few clicks on Etsy, here’s how I made the pom pom beach bag of my dreams for under $10 in 30 minutes.
- Buy a straw bag. Mine was $3 at Target.
- Buy some pom pom trim. I bought enough to circle the earth twice on Etsy.
- Sew pom pom trim onto bag.