I’m on a quest to complete the following 40 goals by the time I’m 40 years old. Some are hard, others are easy. Some are meaningful, others are ridiculously silly. Most of them I just rattled off, but I’m committed. All of them make me happy.
Read the original post from my 30th birthday.
Do we share a goal? Want to cross one off the list together?! Contact me.
- Own my own home. With a pool.
- Go berry picking.
- Plant a real garden. Vegetables. Flowers. Perhaps a citrus tree.
- Can the fruits and veggies that I grow.
- Adopt a pet.
- Buy a boat.
Attend NY Fashion Week.Done and Done!
- Pay off all credit card debt.
- Be a size 10. (I’d be okay with a size 14.) For more than a month.
Pierce my nose.Done! Sorry, Mom.
- Attend the Kentucky Derby wearing a ridiculously fabulous hat.
- Go somewhere abroad. For a month or more.
- Take a dance class. Cha-cha-cha.
Learn to knit.Done! To the max. Donate blood.Done!
- Run, walk, or crawl a 5k.
- Tour the Vatican.
- Take a cruise to somewhere exotic. Alone.
- Tube down the Guadalupe River.
- Go white water rafting.
- Go para sailing.
Take a photography class.Done! Visit a psychic.Done! That didn’t go so well.
- Cross the Canadian border.
- Have a baby.
Let my hair grow past my shoulders.Done. Made it to the middle of my back.
- Attend a black tie event.
Eat fondu.Done! And I forgot to take a picture.
- Learn Pig Latin. Or how to -izzle.
Watch (and read) Gone With The Wind.Done! With snacks.
- Make a traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
- Tour a winery.
- Make a sizable donation to charity.
- Wear a bikini. (I’ll settle for a slightly risque tankini.) In public.
Learn how to play Scrabble.Done! Words with Friends totally counts.
- Visit New Orleans.
- Visit my alma mater(s).
- Tour Alcatraz.
- Win a jackpot in Vegas.
- Attend an Olympic event.