Being the committed blogger that I am, I’ve decided to take another week (or two) off from blogging to celebrate the holidays. See you in 2015!
Worthy of the Week
- Podcasts, baby.
- Things that make me scream at my television.
- I’m learning to embrace second day hair.
- Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!
- 8 things to do during that weird time between Christmas and New Years. I have to work but I do plan on cleaning out my closet New Years Day.
- Speed dating in the 19th century. I feel like I’d have better luck with this than OkCupid.
- I love Charli XCX.
- The 10 dog breeds that enjoy cuddling the most. The author clearly doesn’t live with a dachshund.
- 10 obnoxious things hard-core readers say.
- Is anyone watching The Librarians? I just heard about it!
- The story of Prosecco.
- (gifted) Have you heard of Batch? They’re a specialty curator of locally-produced, artisanal goods delivered to your door-step. Austin will be joining Nashville, Charleston, and Memphis in January and I got a sneak peek with goodies from The Barton Table, The Burlap Bag, and The Great San Saba River Pecan Company. It’s a great gift for out-of-town family members and homesick Texans.
- In case you missed it…
Book of the Week
I tried. I really did. But I couldn’t commit to How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran. Or Sway by Kat Spears. I gave up on the second when the main character, a male high school junior, accurately described a friend’s house as “Georgian-style.” What teenage boy knows that?
I plan on spending the rest of the year wading through my Kindle, looking for something good to read. Any recommendations?