Posted April 16, 2014 | 4 Awesome Comments
Coachella was last weekend. Lollapalooza is quickly approaching. Austin City Limits is on the calendar. And I can think of nothing worse than a music festival.
I know, I know. I’m a Debbie downer. A stick in the mud. A wet rag. But we all know I’m not an outdoor girl if it doesn’t involve drink service, cool water (a pool or ocean, I’m not picky) and a good book. Especially not when it’s 110 degrees and there are thousands of people in attendance.
But let’s pretend for a moment that I am a festival person. This would be my festival fashion pick. Comfy, basic, and by all measures, pretty reserved compared to most of the festival fashion I’ve seen.
You clearly wouldn’t find me moshing. (Is that still a thing the kids do??)
Lucky floppy hat $49.50
Ray-Ban Retro Cats 1000 $140
Old Navy embroidered tank $17
Printed Village antelope scarf $38
Milly Dylan tote $495
GAP boyfriend short $49.95
wood tassel beaded bracelets $26 each
Birkenstock Catania $120
Posted April 14, 2014 | 2 Awesome Comments
This post was brought to you by the makers of Tic Tac® mints. I received compensation to write this post through the Tic Tac® Pack program. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make this blog possible.
All I can think about is summer sun, sand, and citrus.
Inspired by orange Tic Tac® mints, there’s no better way to drive into the season than with summer citrus. From bathing suits to beach towels to the Tic Tac® mints in your beach bag, it’s fresh and sunny and sure to put you in a good mood.
What’s your favorite Tic Tac® flavor? Leave a comment and I’ll choose one at random on Friday, April 18th for a special shipment of Tic Tac® mints!
1. Esther Williams gingham swimsuit $99
2. Forever21 floppy hat $14.80
3. heart sunglasses $12
4. Old Navy eyelet coverup $24
5. gold sandals $107
6. Nate Berkus beach towel $18
7. Kate Spade lemon tote $398
8. Tic Tac® create your own pack
9. Neutrogena Beach Defense $10.49
10. portable radio (sold out–sorry!)
11. Essie ‘The More The Merrier’ $8
Posted April 11, 2014 | 8 Awesome Comments
It’s time for Worthy of the Week! A collection of some of my favorite stories, recipes, fashions, and random links from around the web this week. Read something fabulous lately? Share your favorite links in the comments!
Worthy of the Week
- NIN on ACL Live. I’ve got my tickets for the fall tour!
- A dancing panda on Instagram? Okay.
- Blogging friends…what do you think about this? I know it exploded earlier in the week but I’m still thinking about it. To me, it looks like a Saturday Night Live spoof and, considering I’m writing this at 6 am while sharing a piece of cold pizza with my dog, so far removed from my 11+ years of experience blogging that I feel like I’m being mocked.
- What’s your major malfunction? An oral history of Heathers.
- Peggy Olson’s guide to leaning in.
- Why I don’t wear makeup. While I may love my mascara, I don’t wear a lot of makeup, either. It boils down to not hating how I look enough to be bothered, and that’s a good thing.
- Your children should not follow me on social media. I agree with this 100%, even though it doesn’t effect me in the same capacity. I do find it strange that kids want to follow their friend’s parents on social media. Our generation is just that cool, I guess.
- HA. I don’t condone this but HA.
- Yes. Yes I would. Probably for free.
- The best. I’ve been in Texas four yeas and I still take pictures of those damn bluebonnets.
- The best swear word in every language. You never know when this might be useful.
- In case you missed it…
Book of the Week
Just under 500 pages and geared towards kids ages 8-12, The Thickety misses its mark as a middle grade adventure, but is quite satisfying as a dark YA thriller. It starts with a young girl being kidnapped and quickly expands into a story of witchcraft, magic, and shunning.
The book doesn’t publish until May 6th, but I have an advanced reader copy — call dibs if you want it!
Posted April 9, 2014 | 4 Awesome Comments
Sometimes, you just need a good rainy day to lounge around in your stretchy pants, read a book that’s been on your nightstand for ages, and catch up on TV on DVD while cuddling with your pet. That may sound dreamy, but the reality is that torrential rains usually come when you’ve neglected to check the weather and you’re dressed for an interview or have a mile long list of errands to run.
We all know those $5 drugstore umbrellas that we buy in a pinch don’t survive more than a drizzle and a light breeze, so it’s time to take control of our preparedness and upgrade to something sturdier. A pocket size version is the more practical way to go, but I can’t help but love cane umbrellas; either way, you don’t have to compromise on cute to stay dry and these cute umbrellas are proof.
1. Hunter walking umbrella $48
2. Jonathan Adler hexagon umbrella $30
3. polka dot umbrella $14
4. Orla Kiely tulip umbrella $47
5. London Undercover camo umbrella $182
6. Kate Spade geek glasses umbrella $58
7. duckhead umbralla $24
8. Cath Kidston tiny folding umbrella $44
9. raining cats and dogs $32
10. leopard print umbrella $28
Posted in: Add to Cart
Posted April 7, 2014 | 6 Awesome Comments
Sweet scallops are the name of the game this spring. First appearing on the runway with Valentino Fall 2013 and now popping up at your favorite retailers in pastel hues, they’re the perfect ladylike addition to your wardrobe.
I’d say they’re a bit out of character for me, but I’m still smitten. Do you love, or are they a little too sugary sweet for you?
1. Forever21 dainty ring (sold out — sorry!)
2. Kate Spade ring $26
3. Forever21 bangle set $8.99
4. J.Crew baseball sweater $89.50
5. ASOS scallop edge shopper $98.77
6. ASOS purse $19.75
7. TopShop skirt $70
8. ASOS blazer $65.85
9. Sole Society scallop flat $59.95
10. BCBG wristlet $58
11. TopShop tee $68
12. Forever21 scallop necklace $7.80
If you love the scalloped edge, follow my sweet scallops Pinterest board!