Worthy of the Week
- Llama drama is all over the news!
- Mushroom farms intrigue me. I remember Mr. Rogers visiting one and I couldn’t believe they grew without any light.
- Gigantic space gif!
- Rich dogs of Instagram.
- I can’t wait for HBO’s Scientology documentary.
- Can’t quit watching this little gal.
- What should you do when people underestimate you? Eat them for lunch.
- Roasted broccoli and white cheddar queso fundido. I could eat the shit out of that.
- Pho for breakfast? Dream come true.
- Books & Brews. You’re pretty cool, Indianapolis.
- This is sad and disappointing. Don’t people have better things to do with their time?
- The many, many, many things you should say “no” to at work. I’ll do anything to avoid a networking event.
Book of the Week
I’m currently doing something I never do — reading a stack of books all at the same time, hoping one holds some promise.
- The Longing of Wayward Girls by Karen Brown — There were glimmers of promise throughout, but ultimately it didn’t deliver.
- Visiting Hours by Amy Butcher — I downloaded this one for free through Penguin’s First to Read program and it’s difficult to read because 1.) the file isn’t compatible with my Kindle so I’m reading on screen and 2.) it’s another “white person in jail” story and not particularly compelling (he murdered his girlfriend in a psychotic rage and I’m supposed to relate on a BFF level?).
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson — I can’t get past the metaphors in the first chapter, so this one is a probable ditch.
- Secrets of a Charmed Life by Susan Meissner – I am fully engrossed in this story and it’s pulled ahead as the winner this week.
What have you been reading?