Worthy of the Week
- Life lessons from Darlene Conner.
- This is just too much.
- Have you been watching The Roosevelt’s? I can’t wait to binge-watch one weekend soon.
- Yup. Red Delicious apples are terrible.
- 73 questions with Anna Wintour. Kiss Me Kate is my favorite musical, too.
- You’ll be the life of the party with these common misconceptions.
- You’re pronouncing your wines all wrong, you teetotaler.
- Dying for these boots even though I know they won’t fit and I can’t walk in them.
- As if you needed another reason to go to IKEA, they now have a paper shop!
- How to exercise out of self-love and not due to fat-shaming.
- Six things you didn’t know about Bettie Page. Be sure to add Bettie Page Reveals All to your NetFlix queue!
- The best.
- 190 Bowery. See it before it’s gone.
- In case you missed it…
Book of the Week
I finally finished The Fever, which had so much potential and a real opportunity for some girl power, but ultimately had such a cliche and borderline insulting ending that I’m kind of sorry I wasted my time. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, on the other hand, is just charming and sad and wonderful. I’m not typically a fan of magic realism, but everything about this book kept me reading all night. Fair warning, there’s lots of dialogue but not a single quotation mark in the entire book. It’s confusing at first, but you get over it after a few pages and settle into the cadence.
What are you reading this week?
P.S. There’s a new Kindle out and I couldn’t resist placing my pre-order. It’s everything I love about the Paperwhite, but you don’t have to tap the screen to turn pages anymore.